7 Rivers’ Sons (1 Daughter) Appointed Into Federal Universities And Polytechnic Governing Council
Federal Government under MUHAMADU BUHARI presidency, reconstitutes Governing Councils Of Federal Universities and Polytechnics.
8 Rivers’ Sons got appointed into Federal Universities Governing Council on April 8, 2021. Their names include:
1. Chief Sen. Uchendu Andrew, Chairman Governing Council, University of Portharcourt (Uniport).
2. Immediate past Acting National Chairman APC Chief Victor Giadom, Board member, Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State.
3. Barr. Isaac Abbot Ogbobula, Chairman Governing Council of Federal Polytechnic Bauchi.
4. Dr. Lawrence Chukwu, Member Governing Council, Waziri Umar Federal Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi.
5. Barr. Kingsley Wenenda Wali , Member Governing Council Auchi Polytechnic, Edo State.
6. Dr. Lebatam Ndegwe, Member Governing Council Kaduna Polytechnic.
7. Barr. Reginald Ukwuoma, Member Governing Council Federal College of Education , Kano.
8 .Mrs. Dabota Daniella Godswill Jumbo, Member Governing Council Federal College of Education Yola, Adamawa .
All from Rivers State.
It’s crystal clear that Hon. Minister of Transportation Rt Hon Chibuike R Amaechi CON is the one who recommended this names as the Leader of APC in South South & Rivers State.
The Council is the supreme governing authority of the University responsible for those policy decisions which have financial implications.
Buhari has approved the dissolution and reconstitution of the Governing Councils of five federal universities in Nigeria.
The affected universities are University of Ibadan (UI), University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), University of Lagos (UNILAG), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife and Maritime University in Delta State.
The approval was contained in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono, in Abuja on Thursday.
Mr Echono listed members of the new council of UI as Odigie Oyegun, Chairman; Masud Kazaure, Abba Yaro, Abubakar Maikafi and Emeka Nwagbo as members.
“For UNIPORT, the governing council members are Sen. Andrew Uchendu as Chairman while Mr Kolo Uzamat, Cdre. D. T. Hinga, Mohammed Makarfi and Ahmed Al-Mustapha are members.
“For UNILAG, we have Dr Lanre Tejuosho as Chairperson, with Dr Aminu Ahmed, Dr Uro Gardner, Chief Chinedu Adindi and Mr Mustafa Salihu as members.
“Also, OAU has Chief Oscar Udoji as Chairman with Capt. Bala Jibrin, Mr Eugene Odo, Dr Lateef Babata and Alhaji Saidu Bako as members.
“The Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko in Delta has Dr Elias Courson as Chairman and Mr Nelson Alapa, Mr Victor Giadono, Alhaji Bello Dukku and Mr Godwin Ananghe as members,” he stated.
The permanent secretary said all the governing councils of the five universities would be inaugurated in Abuja by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, on April 19.
Dez Mayorz report.