Reprisal Attack: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Men, Women And Children In Emughan Community
Crisis in the Emughan community heightened in Abual/Odual Local Government Area, Rivers State as ‘terrorists’ in Nigerian military uniform raided the Emughan community, killing men, women, and children.
Dez Mayorz Media gathered that the attack by the men in Nigerian military uniform was a reprisal attack as a result of some gunmen who earlier attacked Daewoo Company in Aminigboko community in Emughan Abua Odual Local Government Area, Rivers State on the 12th of December 2023.
The gunmen who attacked the company killed four military personnel and two drivers in the act and kidnapped two white men who worked in the company.
As a result, the military came back with a reprisal attack and attacked the innocent people in the community.
killing men, women, and children. Set houses and properties ablaze in the community.
People are reportedly dead and smelling in the bush of the community.
The kidnapped Japanese workers have been reportedly released.
The Abua/Odual Council of Traditional Rulers is headed by HRM King Kaleh Obuge (Oda Abuan), HRH King Temple Mcdonald Jamala, (king of the Odual Kingdom), and the Emughan counterpart, HRH. Thankyou N W Obagana(Uwema Emughan) has not responded to the crisis.
The people call on the Rivers State and the Nigerian Government to come to their rescue.
Said If the government can not guarantee citizens the security of life and property then the innocent Civilian Populations will look out for themselves and that will lead to anarchy in the society.
The recent Army Invasion in Owerewere, Aminigboko, Egunughan & Emesu Communities in the Emughan Clan have shown the irresponsibility of the Nigerian military and used it for political gains and their selfish interest.
The Emughan communities are along the Orashi River linking Bayelsa state.
Despite the operations of the oil companies in the area, there are no security gunboats stationed in sensitive flash points along the River or within the environment of their operations and innocent villagers are suffering over negligence of government and oil companies.
Schools in Nigeria have resumed but children are in the forest because nobody is allowed to enter into the Communities and the government is not saying anything.
The number of killings and kidnappings of security agencies, expatriates, and civilian populations has become alarming since 2018.
Some of the incidents are listed below:-
1. 8 August 2018 – soldiers, a policeman, and one civilian have been killed by a group of gunmen who attacked an oil exploration site in Ogbemakoku/Iyak community, Abua-Odual Local Government Area of Rivers State (https://punchng.com/gunmen-attack-rivers-oil-site-kill-soldier-policeman-civilian/)
2. soldiers, attached to an oil company, Starling Global Ltd killed in a hotel, Edibe Hotel, in Omelema, Abua- Odual Local Government Area.
3. Gunmen have killed two soldiers and kidnapped six persons in the Ekaago-Ogboloma-Adada Road project in the Abua/Odual local government area of Rivers State.
4. Police officers from the Abua Odual division were killed in Odual.
5. Soldiers and drivers killed on Aminigboko-Egunughan road at the new pipeline
6. Gunmen shot four soldiers, and two drivers dead while they reportedly kidnapped two expatriates of the company on Tuesday. (https://punchng.com/gunmen-kill-four-soldiers-kidnap-two-expatriates-in-rivers/)
7. Over 75 emughan people were killed along the Orashi River from Okoboh to Owerewere.
Dez Mayorz Report.