Rivers 2023: Farah Dagogo is not a cultist – Aide Replied, calls for proper investigation.
SA Media and Publicity to
Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo had replied that press statement from Rivers State Government house, says Farah Dagogo is not a cultist and did not send anyone to disrupt the screening exercise.
Below is his reply.
Re: Governor Wike declares Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo Wanted
Our attention has been directed to the statement credited to the Special Assistant to the Governor of Rivers State on Media, Mr. Kelvin Ebiri on the directives of the Governor to the effect that Hon. Doctor Dagogo, a Federal Lawmaker and Governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State be arrested for recruiting cultists to disrupt the screening excercise organized by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for National and State Assembly aspirants.
We State inter allia:
1. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is not a cultist and did not send anyone to disrupt the screening exercise.
2. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo was never at the Party Secretariat where the screening process took place. He is Governorship aspirant and not National or State Assembly aspirant.
3. The Governor has taken the decision to credit Hon. Dagogo as sponsor of Cultists in order to stop the screening of Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo scheduled for tomorrow, May 27, 2022, for the Governorship position of Rivers State.
4. That the directives for the arrest of Hon. Dagogo violates the spirits of Section 14 and 33 of the Constitution of the Frderal Republic of Nigeria, 1999
5. That the Inspector General of Police should direct the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State not to heed to the directives of the Governor in this circumstance. If the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State considers it incumbent to invite Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo, he is willing to make himself available on the receipt of an official invite from the police after tomorrow’s screening and not before.
6. Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is a respectable and law abiding Federal Lawmaker representing the people of Degema/Bonny Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives
7. The National Chairman of the PDP is invited to urgently investigate the matters.
7. Civil Society Organizations are urged to protect democracy in Nigeria.
The above is for the attention of all lovers of democracy.
SA Media and Publicity to
Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo
Dez Mayorz Media had earlier reported that Rivers State Government declared Fara Danagogo wanted for hiring cultists to attack the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) secretariat in Port Harcourt.
Dez Mayorz Media gathered through the press statement released by Kelvin Ebiri, Special Assistant on Media to the Governor of Rivers State.
The governor directed the Rivers State Police command to arrest Hon. Farah Dagogo for hiring cultists who stormed the PDP secretariat in Port Harcourt, and disrupted the screening of aspirants for various elective positions.
Dez Mayorz Report.