Gov Charles Soludo of Anambra state yesterday sent a list of twenty persons as commissioner designates to the State House of Assembly according to information available to PIFmedia.
He also submitted fifteen more names as Special Advisers which was approved through voice vote by the lawmakers present.
Soludo had on the day of inauguration announced that the list of his commissioners would be made available to the legislature on or before one or two weeks after his swearing in.
The list which had one commissioner designate per local government area left Idemili North local government vacant and it is being canvassed that the position of Idemili North may have been vacant due to the appointment of Prof Solo Chukwulobelu who is the Secretary to the State Government SSG.
But there is no official statement on the absence of a commissioner designate for the local government area.
The Speaker of the House, Mr Uche Okafor, who announced the names during plenary while reading a letter from Gov. Charles Soludo dated March 28 said the Governor also sent another letter requesting the confirmation of 15 Special Adviser nominees.
The Speaker, however, asked the House Committee on Screening to screen the commissioner-nominees.
The majority leader moved a motion for the confirmation of the 15 special advisers and they were approved after a voice-vote.
Some of the Commissioner nominees were Mr Ifeatu Chinedu, Prof. Ofonze Amucheazi, Mr Ifeanyi Okoma, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, Dr Afam Obidike, Mr Patrick Aghamba, Mrs Ifeyinwa Obinabo, Dr Obinna Ugonnadi, Mr Julius Chukwuemeka and Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh
Others were Mr Paul Nwosu, Dr Foster Ihejiofor, Mrs Patricia Igwebuike, Mr Felix Odimegwu, Mr Chikodi Anara, Prof. Chika Ifemeje, Mr Collins Nwabunwanne, Mr Donatus Onyeji, Mr Anthony Ifeanya and Mr Paulinus Onyeaka.
Also at plenary, the House read a resolution urging Gov. Soludo to appeal to the Commissioner of Police to return checkpoints and patrol teams across the state.
The House resolution followed a motion raised by Mr Onyebuchi Offor, representing Ekwusigo Constituency, (PDP).
According to Offor, the absence of the checkpoints has increased insecurity which is causing serious threat to lives and property in the state.
Dez Mayorz Media gathered that the Anambra State House of Assembly has confirmed receipt of the authentic list of Commissioner Nominations from the Executive Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo in letters, dated March 23, 2022 and addressed to the Legislature.
Reading out the letter by the Speaker of Anambra State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Uche Victor Okafor during today’s plenary, Rt. Hon. Okafor confirmed that Special Advisers’ nomination lists were also received by the House. He subsequently, directed the lists to the appropriate House Committee for further scrutiny and legislative actions pending its presentation to the plenary of the House for possible consideration on the next adjourned date, which is slated for Tuesday April 5, 2022.
Below is the authentic list of Commissioner Designates, submitted by the Executive to the Legislature;
1. Dr. Forster Ihejiofor, Commissioner for Agriculture.
2. Prof. Offornze Amuchieazi, SAN, Commissioner for Lands.
3. Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Commissioner for Works And Infrastructure.
4. Ms. Chiamaka Helen Nnake, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning.
5. Dr. Afam Ben Obidike, Commissioner for Health.
6. Mr. Patrick Agha Mba, Commissioner for Youth Development.
7. Mrs. Ifeyinwa Marycelline Obinabo, Commissioner for Women and Social Welfare.
8. Dr. Obinna Chima Ngonadi, Commissioner for Commerce and Industry.
9. Engr. Julius Mmelikam Chukwuemeka, Commissioner for Power and Water Resources.
10. Prof. Ngozi Theresa Chuma-Udeh, Commissioner for Education.
11. Mrm Paul Nwosu, Commissioner for Information.
12. Mr. Ifeatu Chinedu Onejeme, Commissioner for Finance.
13. Barr. (Mrs) Patricia Ifeoma Igwebuike, Commissioner for Transport.
14. Engr. Felix Chinedu Odimegwu, Commissioner for Environment.
15. Mr. Chikodi Anara, Commissioner for Homeland Affairs.
16. Prof. (Mrs) Sylvia Chika Ifejeme, Commissioner for Attorney General/Justice
17. Mr. Collins Anthony Nwabunwanne, Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs.
18. Mr. Donatus Nduka Onyenji, Commissioner for Culture, Entertainment and Tourism.
19. Barr. Anthony Ikechukwu Ifeanya, Commissioner for Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
20. Barr. Paulinus Ifechukwu Onyeka, Commissioner for Housing.