13 Things Port Harcourt Mayor, Sir Allwell Ihunda Did In His 100 Days Of Productive Leadership
Dez Mayorz Report.
The Mayor of Port Harcourt, Sir Allwell Ihunda JP is already fulfilling his campaign promises within his 100 days in office which are centred on the following cardinal objectives; Infrastructure,
Security, Job Creation, Environmental sanitation, Education and Sports.
13 things the people’s Mayor has done in his 100days of Productive Leadership include:
1. God First.
(Inauguration Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral, Port Harcourt).
Yes, you heard it right, ‘inauguration Thanksgiving’.
The God-fearing Mayor started his administration with thanksgiving to the Lord.
In his 100 days in office, he gave assurance to always support religious programmes.
2. Completion and furnishing of the new Procurement Building in the Council Secretariat.
Sir Allwell Ihunda believes in continuity as he completed the Procurement Building started by his predecessor.
3. Construction of 6 Classroom Blocks, NYSC Apartment, 200 Sitting Capacity Assembly Hall (Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School).
This project is needed and was executed by the Mayor at when due.
“Port Harcourt Mayor has made our NYSC life easier and more interesting” – Corper, Precious Gift told Dez Mayorz Media.
4. Appoints 150 Political Appointees.
The Mayor of Port Harcourt City, Sir Allwell Ihunda appointed 250 political Appointees (SAs/SSAs/EA, Supervisors, Advisers & a Legal Adviser).
The number is really big and no Local Government Area in Nigeria can be to replicate such.
By this doing this, he created jobs and Felicitates human capacity building.
5. Installation of Solar Street Lights (Ogbondah/Ogbuga Streets Ogbumnabali, Rumukalagbor and Nanka Street Diobu).
6. Furnishing of 48 Offices in the new office complex.
The offices are well furnished with standard working conditions.
All the buildings are furnished with air conditioning appliances, a standard office desk, chairs and major office apparatus.
7. Construction of 8 Public Conveniences at Captain Amangala street, Port Harcourt Township.
8. Standard Water Projects in Ojoto and Christ Apostolic Streets in Diobu.
9. Trades, Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Programme.
Over 250 youth and women are set to graduate from the first batch of the programme and starter packs and periodic grants are to be given to beneficiaries.
Most of the various skills considered in the first batch of the programme are catering and confectionery department, ICT, facial makeover, photography, Gele crafts among a group of skills-based training which includes cosmetology, hairs dressing, fashion designing, pedicure and manicure.
There are so many benefits to be actualised in Sir Allwell Ihunda’s skill acquisition, such as:
Diverse job opportunities.
Enhancement of activities.
Wealth creation, etc.
10. Joint Orientation Workshop for the council legislators and Executives. The two-day Capacity-building Workshop is aimed at enhancing productivity and good governance in the Local Government Area.
11. Works with political, religious and traditional leaders.
The charismatic Mayor is someone who Listens, consults and works with political leaders, traditional and religious leaders.
Dez Mayorz Media gathered that he consulted Port Harcourt City leaders before making his political appointments.
12. Security architect. The Mayor of Port Harcourt is someone who believes in rule of law, order and prosperity.
He was able to resolve the fracas that developed in Ogbunabali, between some cult boys and Garrison traders and brought peace and harmony in the community.
12. Sanitation is not left out as the Mayor of Port Harcourt City partners with the RIWAMA to keep the City clean and healthy.
13. Renovated Port Harcourt City Mayor’s Lodge.
The youth and the entire residents are glad and ready to support the Mayor of Port Harcourt’s great initiatives centred on his cardinal objectives: Infrastructure,
Security, Job Creation, Environmental sanitation, Education and Sports;
which is a proper way a Local Government chairman can complement the effort of Governor Nyesom Wike in Rivers State.
Okoye Chidiebele Stephens,
Dez Mayorz Report.