Anambra 2021: I Remain PDP Candidate – Valentine Ozigbo
THERE IS NO COURT OF APPEAL RULING TODAY THAT VOIDED THE ANAMBRA PDP PRIMARY ELECTION. – VALENTINE OZIGBO, SAYS HE REMAINS THE PDP CANDIDATE FOR NOV. ELECTION
below is his full statements:
The attention of the Valentine Ozigbo Campaign Organisation has been drawn to the malicious piece of fake news being circulated across social media to the effect that the outcome of the just concluded PDP Gubernatorial Party Primary has been nullified by the Court of Appeal.
The true state of things are that:
1. The statement that Mr. Valentine Ozigbo should not be paraded as the PDP Gubernatorial Candidate for Anambra is false in its entirety. Such a statement could not have emanated from the Court of Appeal since it has not heard the appeal talk less of making an order.
2. Mr. Valentine Ozigbo remains the PDP Gubernatorial Candidate for Anambra 2021 Governorship Election. Having won the party’s keenly contested primary election that had been adjudged the most transparent, free, and fair primary election ever conducted in the history of our PDP. The primary election was carried out in compliance with all relevant enabling laws and was organised by the party’s National Working Committee and monitored by INEC officials, security agencies.
3. Mr. Valentine Ozigbo consequent upon his victory at the Primary election, on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, was issued with his certificate of return by the National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.
4. The party had accompanied its notice of appeal with two applications at the Court of Appeal seeking ‘a motion of abridgement of time’ and ‘a motion for stay of execution’.
5. Following the withdrawal of the said motions by the party, the appellate court struck them as is usually the practice in our jurisprudence.
6. The Court of Appeal then directed the parties to file their respective briefs of argument for the matter to be heard and determined.
To this end, the Valentine Ozigbo Campaign Organisation, therefore, advises all well-meaning members of the party, the good people of Anambra State, and teeming supporters of Mr Ozigbo to disregard the fake news in its entirety.
It is instructive to note that PDP is the first party that had submitted its candidate details for the November 6 governorship election to INEC and the only party positioned to deliver good governance to the people of Anambra State.
HON BARR. VAL AYIKA
DIRECTOR, STRATEGY AND MEDIA
VCO CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION
Monday, July 5, 2021.