The Rivers State PDP Chairman, Ambassador Desmond Akawor reinstated the readiness of the party to take the party to a greater height.
He said PDP have the most qualified personality in the Government offices(says the party is prepared to take over the nook and cranny of every units, wards, streets, cities in the State).
Goodwill messages were given by the Rivers State senators, Barirster Barry Mpigi and Senator George Sekibo.
They all praised Gov Wike for the great jobs he is doing in the state.
Also, Sir Sergeant Awuse, Dr. Abiye Sekibo, Engr Tele Ikuru, Keke Kogbani, Ferdinand Alabrabra, Rivers State House of Assembly speaker Ibani Ikuinyi, Austin Opara (accompanied by the Port Harcourt City house of Representative members, Hon Chinyere Igwe and Hon Ken Chikere), sir Celestine Umehia, all delivered their Goodwill message.
The crowd went agog when the Rivers State former PDP Chairman Bro Felix Obuah was called upon to address the campaign ground.
They all testified and okayed the projects the governor is doing.
Nigerian comedians, Arinze Baba and Gordon also performed at the event.
The campaign got to its climax as the State Governor, Barrister Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike was called upon to address the campaign ground.
Gov Wike pleaded with those who couldn’t make it to the PDP ticketship (Councillors and Local Government chairmen tickets) and urged them all to unite and work together.
The Governor revealed that he has never touched any Local Government chairmen’ allocation nor ask anyone to give his/her allocation to him.
Gov Wike tells the incoming Councillors and Local Government chairmen not to follow their predecessors (to be) footsteps who usually call him Mr projects, rather they should do their own projects and be called Mr projects.
He tells all the local Government chairmen to stay and reside in their various local government area and leave Port Harcourt City local government area.
He warned them to stop using his name for scam and frenzy escuses, vow to embarrass any chairman who will be found wanting in his duty..
Talking about national Politics, Gov Wike insisted that PDP problem is just a malaria problem while APC has cancer problem.
He bewailed the Rivers State APC registration format, refers it as an audio registration.
He asked the APC to show where they are doing their registration and revalidation.
Gov Nyesom Wike reminded the Nation of the Rivers State PDP consistency, He said he will back Northern candidate if that will make APC win general election.
He boasted that no State in Nigeria has given PDP more votes since 1999 than Rivers State, challenge any state to prove otherwise.
The energetic campaign came to an end as the various LGA Chairmanship Candidates recieved their party flag except Obiakpor LGA Chairmanship Candidate, who
Gov Wike said he has K-Leg.
The names of the LGA Chairmanship Candidates that recieved their PDP Chairmanship flag. Their names include:
1. AbuaOdua- *Daniel Opelia* (returning)
2. Ahoada East- *Ben Eke* (returning)
3. Ahoada West- *Hope Ikiriko* (returning)
4. AkukuToru- *Rowland Sekibo* (returning)
5. Andoni- *Erastus Awortu* (new)
6.AsariToru- *Onengiye George* (new)
7. Bonny- *David Irimagha* (returning)
8. Degema- *Michael John Williams* (new)
9. Emohua- *Chidi Lloyd* (new)
10. Eleme- *Ollormate Obarilor* (new)
11. Etche- *Obinna Anyanwu* (returning)
12. Gokana- *Confidence Dekoo* (new)
13. Ikwerre- *Samuel Nwanosike* (returning)
14. Khana- *Thomas Bariere* (new).
15. Barr George T. Ariolu
16. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni- *Vincent Nwaobakata* (new)
17. Ogu/Bolo- *Vincent Nemieboka* (new)
18. Okrika- *Akuro Tobin* (new)
19. Omuma- *Chisom Christian* (returning)
20. Opobo/Nkoro- *Enyiada Cookey-Gam* (new)
21. Oyigbo- *Okechukwu Akara*(new)
22. Port-Harcourt- *Allwell Ihunda* (new)
23. Tai- *Mbakpone Okpe* (new).
Below are Dez Mayorz pictures report: