34 achievements of President Buhari that left Nigerians spellbound- Compiled by Emeka Okoye.
1. Implementation of TSA
2. VAIDS to boost our tax collection base.
3. Growing our FX reserve from $29bn to $48bn with low FX revenues.
4. Outperforming every economy in Africa-Forbes.
5. Completion of Ajaokuta-Itakpe rail line 6. Completion of Abuja-Kaduna Rail.
7. Completion of Abuja Metro rail.
8. Recovery of over N700bn stolen funds.
9. Conviction of at least 3 Ex – Governors.
10. Increasing budgetary allocation yearly for Capital Expenditure to a minimum of 30% with projects in Power, road, rail and Bridges like 2nd Niger Bridge…
11. Major investments in our Military hardware through improving foreign relationship with our Major global partners which allowed the US to sell some Tuccano Aircraft to Nigeria
12. Cash Swap with China to provide alternative financial payment platform against the dollar.
13. Boosting local productions of items like rice hence saving our FX earnings and creating employment in the Agric space
14. Implementation of the BVN policy which has helped to curb financial malpractices and tax recoveries
15. Holding Corporations accountable for malpractices e.g Banks and Telecom Companies.
16. Payment of outstanding debts of over $9bn to IOCs for Cash calls to boost liquidity and operations in that sector.
17. Payment of outstanding pensions to Biafra warlords
18. Payment of outstanding pensions to the liquidated Nigeria Airways.
19. Payment of outstanding foreign currencies subsidy claims for LCs of about $1bn to major marketers to ensure liquidity in the sector.
20. Payment of debt owed to various local contractors.
21. Budget support and bailouts to 36 state government to ensure that outstanding salaries and pensions owed to workers are paid( remember at the inception of this administration over 22 states owed workers salaries in excess of 12 months.
This helped to bailout the economies of most states).
22. The agric revolution resulting in us having our highest non oil sector exports ever.
23. Reviving 14 dead fertiliser companies.
24. Social welfare: NPower scheme
25. 10k TraderMoni loans
26. N5k social intervention scheme
27. Completion of the Mokwa Jebba Ilorin road
28. Fixing of the Abuja Runway within 45days.
29. Securing the release of over 100 chibok girls.
30. Moving power generation from 4k megawatts to 7k megawatts.
31. Completion of Central Ogbia (Bayelsa) Water Project
32. Completion of “Northern Ishan Regional Water Supply Project
33. Rehabilitation of Edo State Ojirami Dam Water Supply Project
34. Completion of 40MW Kashimbila (Taraba State) Hydropower Plant.
What’s your take comment below.