OMPAN RIVERS STATE.
What We learned from Rivers State OMPAN meeting (with full list of Exco).
The Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria, OMPAN, Rivers State chapter maiden meeting in Rivers State was a huge success. The meeting held at Eden Lounge GRA, Port Harcourt, on 14th April by 4:30pm – 6:30pm was a lively meeting as huge success was recorded.
In a meeting Saturday, 14/04/2018 at GRA Port Harcourt, congress unanimously endorsed the remaining executive members to pioneer its affairs for the next one year. Below is the full list of the Rivers State exco.
1. President – Mr Flamboyant Okoye (DezMayorz.org) Elected at the National Convention).
2. Secretary – Queen Vincent (Alert news) elected at the national convention.
3. Treasurer -Mr Ifeanyi Obiefuna (MrIfeanyiblog.com).
4. Financial Secretary – Uyi Eunice (Alert news).
5. Welfare – Otuonye Chidera (BelieveAll.com).
6. Editor – Isaac Godwin (818tvonline.com).
7. PRO – Peter Henry (ISN).
8. Provost – Elvis Ihua (Alertnews).
9. PRO II – Amadi Innocent (puoreports.com).
10. Welfare II – Ajie Francisca (Selflesstv).
In his speech shortly afterwards, chairman of Rivers OMPAN, Flamboyant Okoye Chidiebele charged the executives and the membership of the body to put up the spirit of team work, stressing that every member is a key stakeholder in the actualization of the association’s set goals.
He encouraged members to register their platforms as soon as possible, because it’s the major criteria of membership acceptance based on the national level directives. The president assured us that the national executives are in full support of Rivers State OMPAN.
The meeting ended blissfully with closing prayers and refreshment.
The following are what we learned.
from the convention :
1. Rivers State Online Media practitioners now have a national association that is effective, with new national executives and states executives elected.
2. The OMPAN is formidable, reliable and viable, ignore them at your peril.
3. OMPAN is ready to eradicate fake news circulation and ensure effectiveness and reliability of Online news and information.
4. OMPAN is ready to work with everyone who has the vision and mission to move the country forward for the benefit of the entire masses in Nigeria.
5. it’s crystal clear that online media practitioners are the prime mover of every society. The youth that have value, with intellectual mind fused with advanced knowledge in technology and to motivate, influence, create and network.
6. OMPAN is ready to work with different tiers of governments to promote peace, unity and progress in the country.
7. OMPAN will always give advice to the government, NGOs , companies and individuals on social media matters where appropriate.
8. OMPAN Rivers State is ready to protect every of her genuine registered member, and ensure his or her interest is protected accordingly.