Robertson Jack- Port Harcourt.
Saturday 29th April, 2023.
THE LORD MAYOR GOES HOME.
The remains of Late Elder Stanley Otete Davies who was very popularly known as the Lord Mayor was laid to yesterday amid funfair, nostalgic musical performances, the popular Area United (Agaba) Masquerade display & quality refreshments.
* Many teenhood friends, former neigbours & secondary school classmates etc. who came from within & outside Rivers State met themselves for the first time after decades at the funeral which held at the Port Club’s football field.
* It was truly an unparalleled gathering of old faces of the Old Port Harcourt Township & beyond, coming together to bid farewell to an exceptional personality.
* The reasons for such uncommon turn-out are not far fetched;
* The Late Lord Mayor was a role model to a whole lot of people across tribes & religion; his character & aura was a great motivation to countless number of very successful people today, including those who never had one on one contact with him.
* Always on shorts, well tucked in with a good shoe to match, looking very handsome & unique “in his own way”.
* He was highly respected by all, very understanding, humane, civilized, courageous, humble, principled, social & dispassionate in his judgments, actions & decisions.
* For those of us who grew up in the Old Port Harcourt Township where he started his escapades, the Lord Mayor will not be remembered for the houses he built nor his successes in business within the 69 years he sojourned on earth, but for his positive impacts on the lives of others, his exemplary lifestyle & enviable character.
* His death has indeed left an irreplaceable vacuum.
* As the picture on his poster depicts, “we came into this world with nothing & we will all leave the world with nothing.”
* Rest in peace our Iconic Legend.
See funeral photos attached