What We Learnt from the Maiden National Convention of Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria (OMPAN) in Owerri.(with Communique and executive list).
(Compiled by Mr Flamboyant Okoye (Rivers state OPMAN chairman) and DezMayorz.org analysts.)
The online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria OMPAN held her first maiden national convention in Owerri on 30th -31st March 2018 at Imo State Trade and Investment center, Owerri, Imo State.
The top notch national convention started with the arrival of guests and OMPAN members from different states to their respective hotel rooms.
The main event was highlighted with welcome speech by the OMPAN president – Emeh James Anyalekwa,
Keynote address, plenary discussion, setting up of the communique and reports for discussion, social media buzz, tour round Owerri, networking and gala night with Imo state chief of staff -Ugwumba Uche Nwosu.
The following are what we learnt from the convention :
1. Online Media practitioners now have a national association that is effective, with new national executives and states executives elected.
2. The OMPAN is formidable, reliable and viable, ignore them at your peril.
3. OMPAN is ready to eradicate fake news circulation and ensure effectiveness and reliability of Online news and information.
4. OMPAN is ready to work with everyone who has the vision and mission to move the country forward for the benefit of the entire masses in Nigeria.
5. it’s crystal clear that online media practitioners are the prime mover of every society. The youth that have value, with intellectual mind fused with advanced knowledge in technology and to motivate, influence, create and network.
6. OMPAN is ready to work with different tiers of governments to promote peace, unity and progress in the country.
7. OMPAN will always give advice to the government, NGOs , companies and individuals on social media matters where appropriate.
8. OMPAN is ready to protect every of her genuine member, and ensure his or her interest is protected accordingly.
After the maiden national convention of OMPAN which was attended by members from the 36 states of the federation resolved on the following;
● Membership of the association will be free to those who met the requirements as stipulated in the constitution of the association, while an annual due and Identification card fees and the cost of constitution will be paid by intending and old members. The motion for the adoption of this resolution was moved by member of Council of States representing Delta State, Mr. Emmanuel Enebeli and was seconded by representative of Ogun state in the Council of States Mr. Okikiola Bello.
● The adoption of the drafted constitution. The motion for the adoption of this resolution was moved by member of Council of States from Imo State, Mr. Chinedu Hardy Nwadike and was seconded by representative of Kaduna State in the Council of States Mr. Mashkur Ibrahim.
● The ratification of the appointed members of the National Executive Council (NEC) that will be responsible for piloting the affairs of the association for the next one year after which a National Convention will be called to determine if an election will be held or extension will be given to the appointed NEC members. The motion for the adoption of this resolution was moved by member of the Council of States from Edo State, Success Okuchemiya and was seconded by representative of Nasarawa state in the Council of States Mr. Usman Umar Abdullahi
In the convention, it was unanimously agreed that the headquarter of the association will be situated at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and that the Motto of the association will be “We inform, we build the nation”
The Council of States which acted as an advisory body during the convention was dissolved by the convention having fulfilled their mandate.
Emeh James Anyalekwa
National Vice President OMPAN
George Messan Williams
Assistant Secretary General OMPAN.
After the maiden National Convention of OMPAN – a meeting point of all online media practitioners in Nigeria that are interested in enthroning discipline, ensuring that professional ethics and conduct are observed, OMPAN members that attended this convention appointed some of her members from across the 36 states of the federation to pilot the affairs of this VERY IMPORTANT organization.
The convention resolved to appoint the members of her National Executive Council (NEC) as it was very clear to all that the body was not ripe to go into an election.
by this statement, informing the general public to please take note of this information and deal with the appropriate persons.
The official address of the Headquarter of this body in the Federal Capital Territory will be made known to the public soon
The members of the National Executive Council are:
National President – Emeh James Anyalekwa
National Vice President – Ali Isa
Deputy National President (NE) Ardo Jagordo Fulbe
Deputy National President(NE): Dr. Muhammad Sa’ad Dodo
Deputy National President(NC) : Shuaibu Sani
Deputy National President (SE) Comr. Chukwu Solomon
Deputy National President (SS) Enebeli Emmanuel
Deputy National President (SW) Peter Jones
Secretary General – Emenike Iroegbu
Assistant Secretary General 1 – George Mensah Williams
Assistant Secretary General 2 – Success Okuchemiya
Financial Secretary – Mashkur Ibrahim
Assistant Financial Secretary – Promise Uzoma Okoro
Treasurer – Juachi Promise
Assistant Treasurer – Okikiola Bello
Organising Secretary – Okeke Godwin Iyke
Assistant Organising Secretary1 – Chinedu Hardy Nwadike
Assistant Organising Secretary2 – Wabiye Idoniboyeobu
Welfare Director – Bukola Olarewaju
Welfare Director 2 – Stellamaris Njemanze
Welfare Director 3 – Usman Umar Abdullahi
Public Relations Officer – Ismaila Yahaya Kana
Public Relations Officer2 – Clinton Umeh
Public Relations Officer 3 – Efio-Ita Nyok
Provost – Okpe Sylvanus
Provost 2 – Prince Ikem Obioma
Chief Editor/Publisher – Ifeanyi Ubaka Okali
Deputy Chief Editor – Osinlu Opeyem Oluwaseun
National Editor (SS) – Darlington Udobong
National Editor (SW) – Matthew Okache
National Editor (NE) – Abubakar Shehu Sadiq
National Editor (NW) – Bilkisu Sani Yaro
National Editor (SE) – ThankGod Onukwube Ofoelue
National Editor (NC) – Dotun Roy
Legal Adviser – Dr. ACB Agbazuere
Assistant Public Relations Officer (OMPAN)
In conclusion, OMPAN is real with the vision to ensure a peaceful, strong, united and developed nation with genuine access to reliable news and information, always ready to give maximum support to the government, NGOs, companies and individuals that have vision and oriented projects, viable policies and developmental peograms fused with technology and information(ICT), while maintaining our unwavering stance of the rule of law and the practice of true democracy. Ignore Online Media practitioners Association of Nigeria (OMPAN) at your peril.
Compiled by Mr Flamboyant Okoye (OMPAN chairman -Rivers State) and Dezmayorz.org analysts.